Quality and Experience
Our interpreters are fully qualified professional conference interpreters. We choose the most suitable for each interpreting assigment, taking into account their experience and field of expertise to match our client’s needs. We prepare ourselves thoroughly for our assignments, and like to talk with our clients about their preferences and requirements.
There are few professional conference interpreters on the market. It is both a valuable and highly interesting profession, but also a complex one, requiring an extensive technical and theoretical preparation. Our professional training also requires many hours of practical experience before working as a professional conference interpreter. There are high stress levels involved in managing an interpretation; having to listen in a language; mentally translate and express ideas in another language simultaneously. Our interpreters are all qualified in conference interpreting and specialized in the different areas we work in. Each assignment is thoroughly prepared for prior to the event.
We know all the interpreters we work with; we are a small agency coordinated by Adela Ibáñez.
Fully qualified and experienced conference interpreter, working from/to Spanish and English. International Trade and Economy specialization. Interpreter for the OSCE/ODIHR and the EBI representatives during their visits to Valencia. Interpreter for the World Bank and the Asian Bank of Development. Interpreter at the Office for the European Parliament and the European Commission in Madrid.
Qualifications and affiliations:
- Masters in Conference Interpreting (MIC) European University of Madrid.
- Masters in International Trade Management. Fundación Universidad-Empresa UV.
- Postgraduate degree in Translation and Interpreting. University of Valencia.
- B.A. in English and German Philology. University of Valencia / Sheffield University.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists.
- Member of the Red de Traductores e Intérpretes de la Comunidad Valenciana.
We belong to several professional associations in this sector, governed by very strict codes of conduct.